1) Attend adoration hour that you selected.
2) If you are unable to attend, please call the other regular adorers for your hour per the list your block leader gave you. If at least one other regular adorer will be present when you must be absent, there is no need to get a sub. If your absence means that no one will be present during your hour, please get a sub using the list your block leader provided. If none is available, please try to find a friend or relative to sub for you. If these avenues fail, call your block leader.
3) If he/she is unreachable, call Robert Galvan 849-1430 so that he can try to find a sub for you.
1) Welcome new adorers by making both a phone and e-mail contact. Via e-mail, send each new adorer the following:
- A contact list of all adorers during their hour. (If you simply send your entire block list, you won’t have to worry about separating names out for new adorers.)
- A list of subs that they can call to find a replacement when necessary.
- The “Adoration Responsibilities” Document.
2) Make contact with your regular adorers every couple of months to make sure contact/commitment information is up to date.
3) Send updated information to the adorers in your block as well as to Robert Galvan.
4) Recruit new adorers by word of mouth or by speaking to groups such as ACTS, CSP, Knights, whenever possible to help with attrition. Help with pulpit talks on the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ feast, our chief day in the year to recruit new adorers.
5) Attend adoration committee meetings when they are called.
6) Keep eyes/ears open to help the adoration program avoid running into conflicts such as a Deanery Mass being scheduled during our weekly adoration hours.
7) Help with things such as putting the adoration cart/signs out each week.
8) Act as an adoration sub when necessary.
1) Attend adoration committee meetings to stay informed about adoration events.
2) Plan/attend monthly Lifeteen adoration.
3) Stay in contact with Veronica Trevino-Garcia regarding problems you encounter with teen adoration or to make suggestions for improvement.
Adoration Committee Members:
1) Attend adoration committee meetings, planning and implementing adoration-related activities and projects.
Parish Adoration Contact:
1) Take parish calls from potential adorers and pass the information along to block leaders.
2) Act as a liaison between Msgr. Mike and the adoration community to make sure information about upcoming meetings, adoration concerns, etc., is disseminated to appropriate committee members or adorers.
3) Facilitate adoration committee meetings and lead planning of the celebration of the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ.
4) Recruit new adorers by word of mouth or by speaking to groups such as ACTS, CSP, Knights, etc. Give pulpit talks on Solemnity of Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ to recruit new adorers.
5) Find substitutes for adorers who cannot find one on their own or through their block leader.
6) Keep eyes/ears open to help avoid conflict between adoration hours and other parish commitments that will create conflicts during Friday/Saturday adoration hours.
7) Regularly straighten adoration chapel, cleaning our storage compartments in benches when necessary. Pray over and then shred prayer requests.
8) Buy new sheets for the book of prayers and the prayer request box at the altar.
9) Straighten adoration cart regularly. Purchase adoration pamphlets/books when necessary.
10) Act as an adoration sub when necessary.